Dimitri Tiomkin's Film Score.

Discussion On All Aspects Of The Film.

Moderator: NefariousNed

Re: Dimitri Tiomkin's Film Score.

Postby RLC-GTT on Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:22 am

DukeCrockett93 wrote:
The passage “The Green Leaves of Summer” is for me the score’s most poignant...For me, the synergy of music and film imagery in this scene is transcendent and achieves an apotheosis.

After my first viewing of the film, I thought this was scene was the most haunting and really stayed with me after I'd finished watching it. It really helped elevate the entire film for me. The way Wayne let some of his shots linger on the faces of the men and the way the flames flickered on them, almost as if they were looking at the fiery hell they were about to encounter the next day. Their future/demise was already being reflecting on their faces. It kind of gives you goosebumps after repeated viewings. It also helps that the dialogue is almost non-existent, the facial expressions as well as the stillness of their bodies are the ones doing all the talking.

Wayne truly allowed his artistic team to convey that sequence. Clothier's cinematography, Tiomkin's music, Webster's lyrics, and those awesome faces of his cast and supporting players, young and old. It's right up there with the "Farewell to the Mountains" scene in Disney's Davy for heart.
RLC-GTT

Re: Dimitri Tiomkin's Film Score.

Postby DukeCrockett93 on Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:48 am

Looks like I'll have to check it out, I haven't seen any of the live-action Disney films.
DukeCrockett93

Previous

Return to The Alamo ( 1960 )