John Farkis' Book: NOT THINKIN'... JUST REMEMBERIN'...

Discussion On All Aspects Of The Film.

Moderator: NefariousNed

Re: John Farkis' Book: NOT THINKIN'... JUST REMEMBERIN'...

Postby K Hale on Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:28 pm

RLC-GTT wrote:
ConnieFromHaiti wrote:
NefariousNed wrote:Image
Richard Curilla by the Palisado Building sign. Something peculiar about the spelling.

Don't get my uncle started on the peculiar spelling on signs in Brackettville!

Farkis got the brunt of THAT series of gripes. :P

Nothing a hacksaw and some Gorilla Glue... I mean Curilla Glue.. wouldn't fix.
Verum non in verbus, sed in testimonium.
K Hale

Postby RLC-GTT on Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:02 am

Hahaha! What about "Del A Rosa" street instead of "De la Rosa?" I mean I knew the correct version of that in high school . . . in Pennsylvania! :roll:
RLC-GTT

Postby alamobill on Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:28 am

Great job, Ned. Thanks for posting all the pictures. Some of the photos in the slide show I have never seen before. Wish I could have been there.
alamobill

Postby MUSTANG on Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:33 am

So, why hasn't someone contacted them to correct it?
MUSTANG

Postby SantaClaus on Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:35 am

NefariousNed wrote:Image
With John Henry Daniel, Happy Sam" in John Wayne's THE ALAMO.

Ned, Thanks for doing another great job and doing a public service for all of us Alamo fans. It really made my day to see all your posts and pictures covering John's presentation. :D
I can't thank you enough.
Richard McC
SantaClaus

Postby SantaClaus on Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:55 am

MUSTANG wrote:Come on, Ron. I have a closet full of those shirts, each one a slightly different color. LOL!

John, Thank you for all the research and hard work that you've done so that John Wayne's "The Alamo" will always be preserved in our memories. Your book is one that I truly cherish. You've got good taste in shirts, too. ;)
Richard McC
SantaClaus

Postby Tejas Cowboy on Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:02 am

It was pretty keen to see the photos of the presentation. Thanks Ned!
No, I'm with you fellers, not above you.
Tejas Cowboy

Postby MUSTANG on Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:10 pm

Great news, everyone. At least it's great to me. The revised and expanded edition of "Alamo Village: How a Texas Cattleman Brought Hollywood to the Old West" is now out and available. Just in time for Christmas. Three times as long, with over 300 photos. A detailed history of Brackettville, Fort Clark and Alamo Village, both before and after Wayne's film. Just $24.95. Get 'em while they last!
MUSTANG

Postby NefariousNed on Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:10 pm

A GREAT Xmas gift, indeed!
The "OUTSIDE THE ALAMO, Songs of Ned Huthmacher Performed by John Beland" CD Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OutsideTheAlamo/
NefariousNed

Postby AlamoGill on Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:43 pm

Hi Folks

Firstly see attached image of a very happy Alamo Welshman who received his two copies of John's new Alamo Village
book ordered from Amazon UK yesterday one for him and one for his older brother Roy and from what I have seen of
it briefly it sure looks good and there are two great write up's in it firstly from John and and then Rich as well and it
is crammed with some wonderful photographs well done to you John with all the hard work that has gone into it

I really believe you have another success on your hands with this book

Secondly our part of Wales has been devastated by a bad storm and a tornado see this link to BBC Wales Mid Wales News:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-38014691

&

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38016701

We haven't suffered any major damage but our neighbour has had a tree come down in their garden but the wind is so
strong right now you cannot stand up outside!!!!!!!

Best wishes

Gill
Attachments
A Very Happy Alamo Welshman 17th November 2016 - Copy.jpg
A Happy Alamo Welshman
A Very Happy Alamo Welshman 17th November 2016 - Copy.jpg (224.72 KiB) Viewed 759 times
AlamoGill

Postby MUSTANG on Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:41 pm

Thanks, Gill. I really appreciate the kind words, kiddo. Glad Mo likes it so far.

I wrote to Mo today and told him that he has received his copy of my book from Amazon even before I received my inventory copies!!! LOL! I just checked the front porch and I still haven't received them yet. But, for those who have asked for signed copies, I'll let you know as soon as I receive them. And, once again, I'd like to thank Rick Hassler and Mike Boldt for all their hard work and efforts. If it wasn't for those two, this book would never have been published. Thanks, my friends, I owe you both BIG TIME. If I ever make any money off of this, I'll buy you both a soda pop!
MUSTANG

Postby SantaClaus on Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:10 pm

AlamoGill wrote:Hi Folks

Firstly see attached image of a very happy Alamo Welshman who received his two copies of John's new Alamo Village
book ordered from Amazon UK yesterday one for him and one for his older brother Roy and from what I have seen of
it briefly it sure looks good and there are two great write up's in it firstly from John and and then Rich as well and it
is crammed with some wonderful photographs well done to you John with all the hard work that has gone into it

I really believe you have another success on your hands with this book

Secondly our part of Wales has been devastated by a bad storm and a tornado see this link to BBC Wales Mid Wales News:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-38014691

&

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38016701

We haven't suffered any major damage but our neighbour has had a tree come down in their garden but the wind is so
strong right now you cannot stand up outside!!!!!!!

Best wishes

Gill

Thanks for letting us know that the storm and wind has not brought any damage to your home. While checking the watercams this morning, I saw that they were not available due to broadband being down, though later they were up again. That initial "watercam down" problem led to my investigating why, and I soon found out by checking various UK news sites. Ned assured me through pm that you would let us know what your status was, and he was right, as usual.
As far as those winds that you're being hit with, and trying to walk through that wind, please carry John's books with you, especially his "Not Thinkin'....". There's no way you could blow away if you're carrying his books for ballast.
Sure glad you're alright. And Mo looks like himself, again. Must be the haircut. :D
SantaClaus

Postby MUSTANG on Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:44 am

YAY!!! I finally received my book inventory. So, if you want to order the softcover version of "Alamo Village" now is time. I do not have any hardcover versions nor do I have any "Not Thinkin'...Just Rememberin'..." in stock. I would suggest you go to either BearManorMedia or Amazon to order those. The price is $30.00 which includes S&H and an autograph which is worth at least $.25. I take Paypal, checks and cash. If you use Paypal, my address is jkfarkis@ismi.net. It is NOT the same as my regular e-mail address. If you want it autographed, please let me know to whom I should address it. I'll try to get the copies out as soon as I can given the holiday weekend. Thanks to everyone. P.S. If you don't want an autograph, it's still $30.00. LOL
MUSTANG

Postby RLC-GTT on Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:47 am

I think you should charge $40 if they don't want an autograph. ;)
RLC-GTT

Postby MUSTANG on Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:25 pm

Works for me!
MUSTANG

Entire Alamo Collection For Sale

Postby MUSTANG on Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:23 pm

To everyone, the following is a message I posted on Facebook last night.

"Here's a wonderful opportunity for those interested in all things Alamo. For reasons I won't explain, I'm in the process of liquidating my entire Alamo collection. Everything must go including all my collectibles. This would include three replica Bowie knives, three whiskey jugs, a leather water bag, an Alamo mug given by John wayne to a crew member, a gold alamo premiere ticket for the Woodlawn showing, a styrofoam adobe block, a large collection of Kings X Alamo figurines, a shako for a band member, a black metal dragoon helmet, a sliver metal dragoon helmet, a molded fibergas silver dragoon helmet, a leather buckskin shirt worn by an alamo extra, two replica crockett rifles, a modifed trapdoor Springfiled rifle with faux brass hammer and frizzen, a percussion rifle used by a extra, a wooden three-pane window frame from Bowie's headquarters, a replica Skunk cap, and two coonskin caps. In addition, I have numerous record albums, 45 singles, laser disc, posters, advertising, magazines, comic books, hardcover and softcover books, etc. all John Wayne Alamo related. I should say that the collectibles are a bit pricey but they're also very rare. if you're interested in anything, please message me and I'll get back with the particulars."

I'm in the process of pulling together a complete list at the moment but the response has been overwhelming so far. One buyer even said they want to purchase EVERYTHING!!!

As many of you know, I also have a huge collection of Alamo photos. No one is going to buy 7 or 8,000 photos all at once so I'll probably sell a grab-bag collection of 8 each for $100 or something like that. Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know. If you're interested in anything, just let me know. I already have 10 parties interested in the mug. LOL!
MUSTANG

Re: Entire Alamo Collection For Sale

Postby RLC-GTT on Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:26 pm

MUSTANG wrote: I already have 10 parties interested in the mug. LOL!

If you'd stop going to parties, you might get somewhere. :lol:
RLC-GTT

Postby MUSTANG on Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:19 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
MUSTANG

Previous

Return to The Alamo ( 1960 )