Lobby Cards

Discussion On All Aspects Of The Film.

Moderator: NefariousNed

Re: Lobby Cards

Postby NefariousNed on Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:07 pm

cc nolen wrote:
NefariousNed wrote:"Night herders! Two to each man. Don't miss, or there'll be a lot of hungry kids!"

I know Ned.....not another knife post!!! but, that shot with Chill Wills is the only time I can find a picture of the
knife he has in his belt. Are there more scenes? I cant see it if there is.
ChillWillsKnife.jpg
ChillWillsKnife.jpg (35.9 KiB) Viewed 105 times

Chris... :roll:

I guess I can look, but that's a pretty good view of it. Seems to be a simple Sheffield-style knife, doesn't it? (Like
this old copy. Same plain, straight wooden handle and style of cross guard.)
The "OUTSIDE THE ALAMO, Songs of Ned Huthmacher Performed by John Beland" CD Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OutsideTheAlamo/
NefariousNed

Postby cc nolen on Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:05 pm

I had a replica made a few years back, but this was the only still shot I can find Wills with a knife at all.
Chris...
Attachments
beekeeper 2.JPG
beekeeper 2.JPG (69.81 KiB) Viewed 73 times
cc nolen

Postby SantaClaus on Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:13 pm

cc nolen wrote:I had a replica made a few years back, but this was the only still shot I can find Wills with a knife at all.
Chris...

Chris, you have a lot of really cool knives. That's an understatement, for sure. I can't think of the right words to describe your collection. It's an overwhelmingly amazing and really cool collection. A lot of people have Bowie knives and copies of Bowie knives, but how many people have a copy of the Bee-Keeper's knife? Really cool! 8-)
SantaClaus

Previous

Return to The Alamo ( 1960 )