Alamo Mo's Waynamo

Discussion On All Aspects Of The Film.

Moderator: NefariousNed

Re: Alamo Mo's Waynamo

Postby RLC-GTT on Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:17 am

NefariousNed wrote:Image

Yep! That's original Ybarra/Chato Hernandez plaster. Good and thick and placed right on the adobe (still seen sticking to the back). Happy's later technique when he replastered walls was to nail chicken wire or lathe to the mud adobes first and then plaster over the chicken wire. His workers would etch cross-hatch lines on the plaster to indicate it was "first coat" and later add an outer coating to that. Then whitewash it (NOT paint it). Whitewash is plaster in liquid form and fills the pores to keep the rain out. He would get furious if he found a movie company art department "painting" plaster rather then whitewashing it. Once painted, I think he said he couldn't whitewash it anymore.
RLC-GTT

Postby NefariousNed on Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:36 am

What if the Alamo defenders had replaced their "repeating rifles" with more modern weaponry?

Videoed at Alamo Village.
The "OUTSIDE THE ALAMO, Songs of Ned Huthmacher Performed by John Beland" CD Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OutsideTheAlamo/
NefariousNed

Postby RLC-GTT on Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:40 pm

This was the shoot that nearly burned down the jail and came close to giving me a major smoke-inhalation issue. Taught me a lot of what to say "NO!" to when creating the production contract.
RLC-GTT

Postby cc nolen on Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:45 pm

RLC-GTT wrote:This was the shoot that nearly burned down the jail and came close to giving me a major smoke-inhalation issue. Taught me a lot of what to say "NO!" to when creating the production contract.

What did they do...or almost do to burn the Jail down Rich??? :o
cc nolen

Postby RLC-GTT on Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:20 am

For that one shot in the video of the case with the guns in it smoking, they set it up in the jail at the village (with my permission) and used military smoke grenades for the smoke (assuring me that they were safe). Well, it started to throw sparks through the smoke during the "take" and he kept shooting until I stopped him because the wooden wall behind it was catching at the bottom and the room was full of smoke gagging the crew and me. There is no water in the jail. They were contracted to have a fire extinguisher on hand, which fizzled out after a few unsuccessful seconds. I had to run to the cantina, fill a bucket and throw it on the fire in just a nick of time. Then, for the next several months, I had issues with my right lung from smoke inhalation and came very close to suing them. I was afraid of permanent lung damage, but fortunately it gradually went away. I kept the burnt out smoke grenade as evidence -- it clearly said on the side "Not to be used in confined areas." It was the first time I ever ran into a careless director who cared more about "the shot" than safety.
RLC-GTT

Postby Fargo Fenwyck on Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:05 am

You've got to be kidding!!!!
Fargo Fenwyck

Previous

Return to The Alamo ( 1960 )