Actual Scenes From THE ALAMO (1960) Film

Discussion On All Aspects Of The Film.

Moderator: NefariousNed

Postby AlamoMo on Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:30 am

Many thanks to Ted I have now added a " New Topic " for actual scenes from the film.

Mo
Do This Mean What I Think It Do ??, " It Do "
AlamoMo
Site Admin

Re: Actual Scenes From The Alamo { 1960 } Film

Postby NefariousNed on Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:55 pm

So, this thread will be exclusively for screen captures, then?
The "OUTSIDE THE ALAMO, Songs of Ned Huthmacher Performed by John Beland" CD Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OutsideTheAlamo/
NefariousNed

Postby AlamoMo on Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:27 pm

Hi Ned

In answer to your question about the Topic " Actual Scenes From The Alamo { 1960 } Film "
it can be for screencaptures, photos etc as long as they are scenes from the film not behind
the scenes type etc.

Regards

Mo
AlamoMo
Site Admin

Postby NefariousNed on Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:02 pm

The "OUTSIDE THE ALAMO, Songs of Ned Huthmacher Performed by John Beland" CD Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OutsideTheAlamo/
NefariousNed

Postby NefariousNed on Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:03 pm

Compare this photo to the previous one. The plaster has been knocked off the wall, in preparation for the "breach".
NefariousNed

Postby NefariousNed on Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:06 pm

All Santy Anna had to do was hold the women and children hostage and there would've been no battle.
NefariousNed

Postby NefariousNed on Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:09 pm

Just try and produce a more realistic-looking scene using CGI. Here's to the stuntmen of the Alamo; good men, all.
NefariousNed

Postby Seguin on Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:02 am

Nefarious wrote:All Santy Anna had to do was hold the women and children hostage and there would've been no battle.

And deprive himself of a "great" military victory? - No way! :D
Recuerden El Alamo!
Seguin

Postby Cole_blooded on Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:10 am

Nefarious wrote:Image
Just try and produce a more realistic-looking scene using CGI. Here's to the stuntmen of the Alamo; good men, all.

Great image Neff and stuntmen do not always get the praise they deserve and then some! ;)

TED COLE....aka....Cole_blooded :mrgreen:
Cole_blooded

Postby NefariousNed on Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:27 pm

What the hell is this bench doing here? Tables was a'made for settin'!
NefariousNed

Postby NefariousNed on Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:28 pm

Hey, we're all in our fatigues, ain't we? Rumours has it we was going home. Do this mean what I think it do?
NefariousNed

Looking For John Wayne Alamo Screenshots

Postby Irish on Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:17 pm

Hello everyone ,
The name's " Irish " and I'am a HUGE fan of John Wayne's " The Alamo " . I jut recently discovered this awesome
website and I really love the film scenes used here.
Thank You ,
" Irish "
" Well I guess we can't stop him from coming , but I reckon we can arrange fer him to limp goin' back ! "
Irish

Re: Actual Scenes From THE ALAMO (1960) Film

Postby NefariousNed on Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:03 am

"Lord avove, that's one beautiful tree!"
NefariousNed

Postby NefariousNed on Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:03 am

"Dinero!"
NefariousNed

Postby NefariousNed on Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:04 am

End of one of them cannons from way over in Europe.
NefariousNed

Postby Seguin on Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:25 pm

In the beginning of the movie when the Mexican army arrives in San Antonio, they round up the citizens and even pull of the shirt from one of them. What was that all about? Why round up their fellow Mexicans? And what about that shirt? - Anyone?
Recuerden El Alamo!
Seguin

Postby mrbassbone on Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:29 pm

Frag of Tluce....

Seguin wrote:In the beginning of the movie when the Mexican army arrives in San Antonio, they round up the citizens and even pull of the shirt from one of them. What was that all about? Why round up their fellow Mexicans? And what about that shirt? - Anyone?
"Tenacity, Dick! Stay with the B*****DS until they are on the bottom!"

"Mush" Morton to his XO Richard H. O'Kane on the USS WAHOO while on patrol in the East China Sea 1943
mrbassbone

Postby Seguin on Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:43 pm

mrbassbone wrote:Frag of Tluce....

Seguin wrote:In the beginning of the movie when the Mexican army arrives in San Antonio, they round up the citizens and even pull of the shirt from one of them. What was that all about? Why round up their fellow Mexicans? And what about that shirt? - Anyone?

They want to use the Mexican´s shirt as a flag of truce? I see! What about rounding up the citizens then? That´s not necessary to get hold of a white shirt or rag. If it´s to make the getting of the shirt dramatic, then it´s a bit too much, I think. After all, they´re just looking for a white piece of cloth.
Recuerden El Alamo!
Seguin

Postby NefariousNed on Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:49 am

I imagine that when an army secures a village, they initially consider everyone a potential enemy combatant. Maybe it's just me, but, go back and look at that scene. Aren't there a few Texans captured in that coralling of the townfolk? It looked that way to me.

By the way, back in the 1970's my brother Bruce worked with a guy who claimed that the Mexican man who gets his shirt torn off his back for a flag of truce was his Dad. I'll ask Bruce about it and see if he remembers any more.
NefariousNed

Postby RLC-GTT on Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:08 am

Nefarious wrote:Aren't there a few Texans captured in that coralling of the townfolk? It looked that way to me.

Yep. And one of those Texans is none other than Jim Brewer -- who is also on the walls up at the Alamo!!!!!
RLC-GTT

Postby wconly on Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:54 am

Has anyone ever noticed that when the Chapel blows there are no bodies lying around...nothing...just an emply set being blown to heck! Talk about contiunity issues -- this is definitly one. I noticed this as a child the first time I saw the film/movie or whatever you guys are calling it now! It just seems to me that Wayne would have thought this one out a bit more clearly and had dead bodies where they had fallen and not make the grounds as clean as they were for this shot! Just my two cents! W>
wconly

Postby AlamoMo on Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:04 am

Here you go W a grandstand view !!!!!!!!

AlamoMo
Site Admin

Postby wconly on Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:29 pm

AlamoMo wrote:Here you go W a grandstand view !!!!!!!!

Thanks Mo...one thing to notice, since the Wayneamo faces East, the sun is in the west and going down, so this had to have been shot in the afternoon! Well so much for that, I still love the picture, but it could have used some improvements! W>
wconly

Postby Seguin on Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:44 am

RLC-GTT wrote:
Nefarious wrote:Aren't there a few Texans captured in that coralling of the townfolk? It looked that way to me.

Yep. And one of those Texans is none other than Jim Brewer -- who is also on the walls up at the Alamo!!!!!

I see! I never noticed that. I thought they were all Mexicans, because the Texans were already in the Alamo, but it seems like some of them was still in San Antonio then. I better watch that scene again... :oops:
Recuerden El Alamo!
Seguin

Postby RLC-GTT on Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:44 am

Nefarious wrote:It also makes you wonder how many camera must've been running to get
the shot. I mean it's not exactly the type of shot where Duke is going to say, "That looked sloppy; let's do it again!"

My guess it they used all five Todd-AO cameras for this. It was a most important moment, and the plan was to shoot all expensive action scenes with multiple cameras. The producer question is, "Which is cheaper? Renting five cameras and hiring five camera crews or staging a particular scene five time?" And, since they had all five cameras and crews for all the action days, it seems a moot point.
RLC-GTT

Postby zapadore on Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:04 am

...on a different subject, I'd like to try and set the perverbial record straight...in the raid for the cattle scene Travis,...does not call out for 'Corporal Pardee'..but if you listen he says 'COVER PARTY'...or 'Covering Party'...directing an obviously assigned group of defenders to provide cover fire for the raiding party coming back in.....actually had one individual tell me on the plaza during HHD's once that HE was 'Corporal Pardee'....then showed me a knife he claimed was used by Widmark, presented to Wayne then he aquired it.....inscription and all.....it takes all kinds..
zapadore

Postby Davy on Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:30 am

zapadore wrote:...on a different subject, I'd like to try and set the perverbial record straight...in the raid for the cattle scene Travis,...does not call out for 'Corporal Pardee'..but if you listen he says 'COVER PARTY'...or 'Covering Party'...directing an obviously assigned group of defenders to provide cover fire for the raiding party coming back in.....actually had one individual tell me on the plaza during HHD's once that HE was 'Corporal Pardee'....then showed me a knife he claimed was used by Widmark, presented to Wayne then he aquired it.....inscription and all.....it takes all kinds..

Musta been Blind Nells brother .. the one that was hung for hoss stealin! :lol:

Davy
In God we trust. Everyone else keep your hands where we can see them. Anonymous ..
Davy

Postby MUSTANG on Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:40 am

Years ago, didn't someone name Doug Cohen (?) claim to be Corporal Pardee?
MUSTANG

Postby zapadore on Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:43 am

Mustang,..you are correct sir,..I've just been let into 'the loop' on this one....we have confirmed the identity of one Walter Mitty... ;)
zapadore

Postby NefariousNed on Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:16 pm

Well, not really actual scenes. Just a little something I was able to work out on the xtranormal.com
'make your own movies' website, thanks to Hans:

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch?e=20090412185219383
Crockett & Flaca

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch?e=20090413002454690
Jocko & Nell

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch?e=20090413222511129
Bowie & Jethro
NefariousNed

Postby gambler on Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:01 am

It's great and funny, Nef ! The day those programs 'll use massive figuration, we'll all be able to do our own Alamo final battle in animatics....
gambler

Postby Seguin on Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:28 am

Funny stuff, Nef! Keep up the good work! :D
Recuerden El Alamo!
Seguin

Postby Seguin on Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:33 am

LOL - How did you do that, Don? :lol:
Recuerden El Alamo!
Seguin

Postby Don on Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:54 am

All I did was a screen capture shortly before Bowie and his men rode into the frame. I always thought that it would make a great painting or framed print too. I just never got around to trying to blow it up some and frame it.
Don

Postby Seguin on Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:40 am

Don wrote:All I did was a screen capture shortly before Bowie and his men rode into the frame. I always thought that it would make a great painting or framed print too. I just never got around to trying to blow it up some and frame it.

I see! I thought you had removed the riders from the pic somehow. - Yes, it really would make a great painting or framed print! It would also look nice on your computer desk...
Recuerden El Alamo!
Seguin

Postby RLC-GTT on Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:48 am

Don wrote:Here's the same shot without the horses and men.

I agree about this being a great shot for framing -- except that the composition is heavy to the left, prepared to accept the riders completing the picture when they enter on the right. I often set up the DVD and freeze frame this shot on my TV screen and leave it there for hours while I'm doing other things. Sort of like a painting on the wall. My favorite freezes are this one, the opening shot of Bexar as Houston's column rides in below the camera, the first battle aftermath shot from the southeast over the palisade, the Peter Ellenshaw matte paintings from Disney's Davy Crockett, and just about any wide Dean Semler angle from Alamo (04).
RLC-GTT

Postby Seguin on Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:27 am

I agree about this being a great shot for framing -- except that the composition is heavy to the left, prepared to accept the riders completing the picture when they enter on the right.

That´s right. The composition is not well balanced - if it was a painting, that is. If I wanted it for framing, I would cut off a bit off the right side (about where the plant is). There´s nothing much to look at anyway, except the beautiful nature, of course (maybe that´s an argument against cutting it off?).
Recuerden El Alamo!
Seguin

Postby NefariousNed on Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:53 pm

Well, there she be, Colonel!
NefariousNed

Postby NefariousNed on Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:56 pm

"Chastize, he said!"
NefariousNed

Postby Seguin on Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:50 am

Great pics of Wayne wearing his coonskin cap! Notice that it does´nt cover any part of his ears at all. Most other coonskin caps cover the upper part of the ears. Also, the coon head sits slightly lower than the lower edge of the cap. It´s the greatest looking coonskin cap I´ve ever seen!
Recuerden El Alamo!
Seguin

Next

Return to The Alamo ( 1960 )